ADBEEL BA-9 is liquid, water-based, polymer latex with high bonding characteristics. It is stable under wet alkaline conditions forming a reinforcing polymer matrix within cementitious mixes.
ADBEEL BA-9 is used for bonding of new to old concrete, repair concrete, flooring mixes for screeding and patching, waterproof renders to tanks, filling/injection grouts, tiling and mortars. In all situations the surface must be in a clean, laitance free and in a roughened state. The use of grinding or scrabbling machines is recommended for large areas.
Cut back vertically the edges of repair areas to avoid feathering the repair. All surfaces should be saturated with water, removing any surface ponding water before application of the polymer modified mortar.
BENEFITS AND ADVANTAGES
- Dramatically improves the adhesion/bonding of cementitious mixes.
- Effective plasticiser giving increased work ability and cohesion. Reduces water contents to improve durability and strength without loss of work ability.
- Excellent waterproofing admixture which is alkali stable in cementitious mixtures.
- Reduces shrinkage and cracking in repair and screeding mixes. Good freeze/thaw resistance.
- Confers resistance to sulphate attack.
12 months from date of manufacture.
Appearance: White liquid
Chloride Content: nil as per EN480-10
In practice, dosages usually range between 10% – 30% by weight of cement.
Supplied in 50 & 210 KG